Film Mentoring & Film Support Awards Programme of CinéDOC-Tbilisi
Thursday, 20 January 2022
Starting from next year, CinéDOC-Tbilisi offers a film mentoring programme that includes also a support programme designed especially for films with socially relevant topics.
For documentary filmmakers from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- Personalized mentorship through one-on-one meetings
- Mentorship and interactive discussion of the projects via group works
- Professional feedback on project progress
- Masterclasses and case studies on different aspects of documentary film directing and production
- Selected participants will also have the chance to pitch their film projects to a panel of decision-makers from international film festivals, film markets and broadcasters
- Up to 24 projects can be selected
The Film Support Awards Programme:
The Film Support Programme awards financial support for up to 12 selected documentary film projects that cover socially relevant topics, want to contribute to bringing positive change and inspire debates on the different forms of civic engagement.
Documentary projects that cover socially relevant topics will be awarded with amounts for development and/or production of:
- Up to EUR 10 000 per project for a documentary film longer than 45 minutes
- Up to EUR 5000 for a documentary shorter than 45 minutes.
The program starts on 1st of March and lasts until the end of May, 2022.
It concludes with a pitching session with international experts. In addition to the projects awarded within the film support programme, three other projects will receive following awards:
- CinéDOC-Talent Award – 7000 GEL
- CinéDOC-Talent Post Production Award – 6500 GEL
- CinéDOC-Talent Development Award – 3000 GEL