Digital Communications Manager
Wednesday, 05 October 2022
Full time (flexible hours available)
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Chai Khana is recruiting a passionate Digital Communications Manager to lead its communication strategy. In this role a selected candidate will promote and communicate Chai Khana’s content through collecting audience engagement data, managing a website and all social media channels, promoting offline events and building a community of journalists, filmmakers and photojournalists in the South Caucasus.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about media, online data and believes in the power of strong, visual storytelling.
About Chai Khana
Chai Khana is an online media platform that covers the countries of the South Caucasus – Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia (including the conflict affected regions) through human driven stories through supporting local journalists, documentary filmmakers and photographers.
- Work with the team to develop and implement effective, creative and engaging content and communications campaigns around Chai Khana’s content and project initiatives.
- Leads the team's efforts in graphic design and visual support for outreach and communications materials in four languages.
- Formatting key outreach materials.
Data collection and analysis
- Develops, manages and organises the website and social media monthly data with graphs (in Excel). The platforms/tools include; Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter.
- Monitors and presents social media and website data and findings to the team on a monthly basis.
- Sets and modifies objectives (in every six month) and measurable goals for SM platforms and the website.
SM and website communication
- Manages Chai Khana’s publishing calendar and generates ideas for new content and formats for outreach.
- Develops and manages a weekly and monthly social media plan with draft posts.
- Develops the engagement plan for the content produced at Chai Khana in English and with the support of the team in local languages of the South Caucasus – Armenian, Azerbaijani and Georgian.
- Plans, publishing or/and premiering of articles, photo stories and films through well thought out outreach strategy and audience targeting.
- Drafts and publishes open calls for media professionals.
- Creates and leads republishing strategy for Chai Khana – promoting pieces of content that might become relevant with time.
- Monitors Chai Khana’s website and social media platforms to ensure clear, conflict sensitive and consistent messaging.
- Curates Newsletters.
- Monitors and leads communications on main contact emails of the organisation.
Digital trends and research
- Identifies, communicates and implements social media opportunities and trends.
- Monitors, communicates and implements relevant information from the online audience behaviour and information consumption research results conducted in, or outside of the South Caucasus.
- Supports team in an effort to collect audience feedback, or conduct evaluation of the key activities.
Advertisements & Promotion
- Creates and executes Facebook advertising strategy.
- Manages AdSense account for the website (with the support of the team).
- Support Chai Khana’s offline events, such as film screenings, exhibitions and training with a strong online communication strategy.
- Stores and manages Chai Khana’s social media and email passwords according to the security measures provided by the organisation.
Prior Work Experience
A minimum of three years of experience with media, non-profit, film festival, public relations, graphic design, or social media management is required. Experience in social media is a must.
English (close to native fluency) required
- Interest in media, news, South Caucasus region, or/and current affairs
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of Excel (creating graphs and organising a large data)
The selected candidate will be able to develop the skills through training and capacity building initiatives through the support provided by Chai Khanas’ partners.
How to Apply
Please send a CV, one recommendation letter and a cover letter (no more than one A4 page) in English expressing how the applicants’ education, working experience, knowledge, skills and abilities meet the selection evaluation criteria and a visual example created by the applicant, demonstrating their ability to convey information visually and in writing. This could include, but is not limited to, presentations, social media pieces, or videos created by the applicant.
Applicants will be evaluated through the applicant’s submitted application packages; Shortlisted applicants will be further evaluated through the combination of interviews and an assignment.
Documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Digital Communications Manager
The applicants who do not submit any of the required documents as mentioned above will not be further considered. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.
October 5, 21:00 PM (Tbiliis, Baku, Yerevan Time)
Please note that we will be considering applications as they’re received, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.