ESoDoc - European Social Documentary
Friday, 10 February 2023
WHO SHOULD APPLY
ESoDoc participants are creative professionals, committed to social, political, environmental and human rights issues, open and willing to get involved and to experiment on their project with new documentary formats, new business and co-creative production models.
ESoDoc is designed for authors, directors and creative producers who are willing to dedicate time and energy in the creative development process during the training, who want to approach their project from different angles and explore new forms and new formats of audiovisual production. ESoDoc welcomes also other media professionals such as journalists, communication designers, programmers, NGO communication responsibles, etc...
What programme offers
- 8-months of intense project-development process, through 4 phases with residential and online sessions
- ground-breaking and inspiring lectures from acclaimed worldwide professionals to discover what is new, controversial and seminal in documentary filmmaking
- ongoing project development focused on the use of new diversified storytelling techniques for various formats and platforms
- hands-on workshops to increase your ability to analyse, reach and impact your target audience through the most suitable media
- masterclasses with top-notch industry professionals to better understand the international market and gain the confidence to approach
- a wider pool of partners and funders across the audiovisual sector and beyond a co-creative environment where you will experiment with the other participants and the experts on the development of your project
- a specific training that will help you create an extensive "Pitch Deck" fit for residential and online pitching forums
The participation fee covers all online and residential tuition, coaching and mentoring. It includes room and board for all residential sessions (accommodation might be in a single or a shared double room, according to availability). Travel expenses are not included.
REGULAR FEE: 1.500 EUR
REDUCED FEE: 750 EUR
Scholarships are available and will be granted to participants coming from countries not providing scholarships for this kind of training or participants in any other proven situation of need for financial support.
A "full scholarship" covers the enrolment fee AND the travel costs for all residential sessions. In case of a high number of scholarship requests, we might assign a "partial scholarship", which would cover the enrolment fee OR the travel costs.
If you want to access scholarship funding, you must provide 1 copy of your latest official tax return and also explain the reasons for asking for the scholarship together with your application. No other kind of document shall be considered.