One World Media Fellowship 2021
Wednesday, 07 April 2021
Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, One World Media Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections.
One World Media guides filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
What Do Fellows Receive?
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
- Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. We are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
In 2021, 20 Fellows will be selected. There are 10 spaces for applicants based anywhere in the world, and 10 spaces reserved for applicants from across Africa.
To apply for the fellowship, please follow the link.