One World Media Fellowship
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south.
One World Media guides filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provides a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
They seek to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups (people of colour, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or people with disabilities) as well as from people from and based in the global south.
In 2021, One World Media will select 20 Fellows: 10 spaces for applicants based anywhere in the world, and 10 spaces reserved for applicants from across Africa.
What Do Fellows Receive?
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
- Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. We are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
For more details and application form, please follow the link: https://www.oneworldmedia.org.uk/fellowship/apply/