Call for professional Photographers
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Georgia is soliciting services of professional photographers to photo and video document its ongoing activities and public events.
UNDP Georgia would like to select several professional photographers with a demonstrated expertise in artistic photography and photo reporting. Skills and experience in video-making are highly desirable but not mandatory. Selected candidates will be invited for on-call assignments to provide a professional photo and, possibly, video coverage of UNDP and UN-related activities.
While selecting its various vendors, UNDP sets the following principles for its procurement: 1) best value for money; 2) efficiency and effectiveness; 3) interest to the organization; 4) fairness, integrity, transparency.
Every assignment under the long-term retainer contract (extendable to up to 3 years) will be discussed with the respective UNDP and/or UN representative. There will be performance measurement system introduced to collect feedback after assignments.
Deadline April 5th (Midnight New York, USA)
Monday, 05 April 2021
- Demonstrated commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Sensitivity and adaptability to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Ability to work on a strict deadline;
- Professionally ethical behaviour. Understanding that photographers and film-makers on UNDP and/or UN assignments represent UNDP and UN agencies to the people they are photographing.
- Higher education and/or professional training in photo documentary, photo journalism, filming or a related field (minimum requirement: 10 points).
- At least 5 years of practical experience in photography/photo journalism and/or video documentary (minimum requirement: 10 points);
- Practical experience in photo/video reporting and documentary; preferably a combination of photographic and film-making skills;
- Solid experience in processing and editing photo and video materials, creating photo and video stories;
- Portfolio – at least 10 high resolution photos. At least 3 video stories (highly desirable but not mandatory) (minimum requirement: 40 points);
- Experience with on-call assignments, preferably, with international organizations (10 points).
- Knowledge of Georgian language; knowlege of English would be an asset.
Individual consultants will be evaluated against the combination of technical and financial criteria. Technical evaluation stage encompasses a desk review of submitted applications. Only offerors obtaining a minimum of 60-point score of the desk review would be considered for the Financial Evaluation. The offerors who obtain a minimum of 60-point score of the desk review will be asked to provide a Financial Proposal to specify daily fees for photography, video recording and consultancy, such as practical training in photography and/or video recording, participation in a jury of a photo contest, etc. Note: price should be quoted in USD. As regard to travel and accommodation, while consultants shall be paid living allowance as per UN Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) rates, the cost of travel shall be borne separately.
Documents to be included when submitting the poposals:
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Letter of Interest in English or Georgian.
- Statement of qualification – diplomas, certificates, references.
- Recent CV
- Portfolio – at least 10 high resolution photos. At least 3 video stories (highly desirable but not mandatory). Note: Portfolios shall be referenced in the submitted CVs as the links to the respective websites. NO hard-copy submissions will be accepted.
To submit your application, please follow the link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_apply.cfm?cur_job_id=97692
Cover photo by Irakli Dzneladze/UNDP